Let's build the future together!
Ikue is a tech start-up with a clear purpose and vision - to provide
telecommunications operators with a superior product to deliver superior
We are building a diverse team, all unified by a desire to unleash the data needed
by marketeers. Creativity is at the core of Ikue and is something we are looking to
further strengthen in 2022! There are no typical profiles, each and every team
member shares our vision and wants to be part of its success.
✨ Internationally Competitive Salary, Employee Share Incentive Scheme and opportunity to grow into a Chief Technical Officer role.
Office work or fully remote
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a financially backed, pioneering start-up at an early stage with creative license to drive the technical vision for the company as you see best.
We have recently finished a round of funding in the US and the UK, and are funded by successful Silicon Valley/UK SaaS entrepreneurs who’ve previously raised investment before exiting prior ventures.
As the Lead Software Engineer at Ikue you will:
Take ownership of designing and developing an innovative system unlike anything else in the industry, enabling marketeers to deploy data pipelines on the fly via the User Interface, without relying on IT
Be working alongside innovators and leaders in the telecommunications and data space, drawing on industry-critical experience to deliver new solutions
Join a highly talented, cross-disciplinary teams of UI / UX designers, technical architects, software engineers and data scientists, working across API development, security, cloud-native engineering and more.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who prioritises their own development, as you will have the opportunity to mentor junior colleagues and benefit from highly talented, cross-disciplinary teams.
You will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary (up to £90k) plus benefits and participation in
our Employee Share option scheme that rewards people who are
motivated and perform well!
- 30 days paid holidays including bank holidays
- The chance to attend our yearly 3-day company trip to a secret summer
destination all covered by us!
- A starter kit which includes a Macbook Pro and the must-have Ikue outfit
- including a tote bag, t-shirt, sweater and hoodie.
- Frequent team events, celebrations, weekly incentives and Pizza Friday
- You have experience with Big Data technologies and a fundamental
understanding of relational and non-relational database systems, including
MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Dynamo DB, Redshift and Amazon RDS Aurora
- You have experience with Kafka (or other similar messaging system)
- You have a good understanding of microservices based architectures and
- You have solid experience with AWS cloud services, including EC2, Redshift,
Lambda,S3, Glue, Sagemaker, Neptune, Kinesis, API, Gateway
- You have Worked with large scale data processing, and have a clear
understanding of the challenges involved
- You have DevOps experience with a working knowledge of Github
- You have worked in a large cross functional development team, with a
deep understanding of Agile principles and ways of working (preferably
You are a confident self-starter, committed to delivering technically excellent
code, and looks for innovative approaches to challenges
We value your personality and passion! For us, personality and passion come
before education. Your difference is your strength, and you will always be
supported and looked after by your Ikue family. You will take responsibility for
your own work, and a choice to work in the office or remotely.
If this sounds like you, then you know what to do
We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck from your future
By supercharging the ability to leverage data and advanced analytics in marketing
messages, your work will be truly impactful from the very start.